As a girl, I was always fascinated about shoes and loved to collect different varieties.So when it came to the weddding, the footwear selection was so special for me, I was tempted to buy all the shoes from the bridal wear collection. I ended up buying one, two,three, four.........and finally ten shoes for the wedding.However I wore the golden shoe which matched my saree for the wedding and the peacock coloured shoe for the reception.
There is always a wide choice for the selection of the shoes , but choosing the right one is the key. There are certain things which needs to be given a thought before choosing the bridal foot wear.
- First thing to remember is, to pick your shoes after you have chosen your wedding outfit. This will help you pick shoes which complement your wedding outfit.
- Aim to pick your shoes around the same time as your dress, as you will need them for the fittings to determine the length of your dress in case of any alterations. It’s always good to account for some buffer time just in case the size is not available or for customization.
- Lay stress on the sole and check for cushioning and comfort level. This is extremely important as you may have to wear them all day long and stand for a few hours.
- Do not forget to consider when choosing a pair of high heels. The right is high enough to make you slimmer, but if it turns out it can make your partner look short, this is certainly not the ideal type of shoe.
- Note the floor of your wedding location before choosing a shoe. If the floor area wedding including a slick, do not wear shoes with soles that glossy because the risk of making you slip.
- The experts suggest the best time to pick or buy wedding shoes is during the afternoon or evening. This is because feet tend to swell at the time. This way you can prevent the shoe suddenly feel cramped at the wedding ceremony lasted until the evening.
- Whatever kind of shoe you choose, make sure you try it first before the wedding takes place. Wear shoes for walking and standing around the house. This can reduce the risk of blisters on your feet that happy day.
- ALWAYS, plan for a back up pair, just in case!
- Remember, that if your wedding outfit is long, your shoes may not show as much. In such a case you can opt for a nicer yet practical option as compared to a shorter length outfit in which case your shoes would be seen.
Some inspirations for silky stylish Indian bridal foot wear .....
Choose the right one for you and rock your big day!